SMS – Sorbitan Mono Stearate
SMS – Sorbitan Mono Stearate is produced by the esterification of Sorbitol with commercial Stearic acid derived. It is a light cream to tan coloured hard waxy powder with a slight characteristic odor and bland taste.
- Appearance: Cream flakes
- Acid Value: Max. 10 mgKOH/g
- Saponification Value: 145-160 mgKOH/g
- Melting Point: 55-65 °C
- Hydroxyl Value: 235-260 mgKOH/g
- Moisture Content: 2% Max.
- HLB Value: 4.7
- Arsenic: Less than 3mg/kg
- Lead: Less than 1mg/kg
- Mercury: Less than 1mg/kg
- Cadmium: Less than 1mg/kg
- Heavy Metals: Max. 10mg/kg
As a rehydration aid in the production of active dry yeast and as an emulsifier in food products like protective coating on fruits & vegetables, confectionery
Store in a cool and dry place 25⁰ C -30⁰ C. Best Before 12 months from the date of manufacturing.
25 kg Paper Bag with Inner Lining.
SMS – Sorbitan Mono Stearate – Language: English | Type: Data Sheet | Size: 83kb